- 1/2 cup Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 c Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Eggs (or Flax Eggs - to make flax eggs measure 1 to 3 tablespoon water "per egg" - whisk with fork and let sit for approximately 10 mins)
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Non-dairy plain cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease donut pan with coconut oil spray so the donut don’t stick to pan and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon) together in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce, eggs and vanilla) and whisk together. Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until well incorporated.
- Transfer batter to a large Ziploc bag – (using this as a piping bag) Snip a small hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag and evenly pipe batter into donut pan.
- Transfer donuts to oven to bake for 12-13 minutes or until a toothpick in inserted into the donut and comes out clean. After the donuts have finished baking, let cool for 7 minutes and then remove donuts from pan for an extra few minutes to cool completely.
- While donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze. This will look like hardly anything, but a little goes a long way! I glazed 12 donuts with only one serving of the glaze! Combine all ingredients in a small flat bowl which is wide enough to dip an entire donut in. Carefully pick up each of the donuts and dunk the tops into the glaze. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container, placed in the refrigerator or freezer.