- 1 2/3 cup oat bran
- 1 scoop Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ceylon or regular ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons MACA root powder
- 2 medium sized very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large free-range egg *Or substitute for 2 egg whites or flax egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or grease well with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, applesauce, yogourt, egg/egg whites, and vanilla together until well combined and smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit two minutes to thicken a bit. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire racket cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best served warm with your favourite spread (ie. nut butter, yogurt, fruit compote). Enjoy!